Communication, 4th EditionCore Interpersonal Skills for Healthcare Professionals
Written by Gjyn O’Toole, Communication: Core Interpersonal Skills for Healthcare Professionals 4e is an essential guide to clear and effective communication in a multidisciplinary healthcare setting.
Divided into four sections, the fourth edition challenges the reader to reflect upon their personal communication style and habits; introduces strategies and skills to enhance future practice, and encourages the development of confidence through activities, scenarios and case studies.
This fully revised fourth edition will appeal to health science students and clinicians seeking to communicate more effectively in an increasingly complex healthcare environment.
New to this edition
- Chapter 5 The specific goals of communication for healthcare professionals: Effective conclusions of interactions and services: Negotiating closure
- Chapter 20 Remote telecommunication or telehealth: The seen, but not-in-the-room healthcare professional
- Chapter 23 - Person/s experiencing neurogenic or psychological shock
- Chapter 25 - A Person/s fulfilling the role of a grandparent
- Chapter 26 - Person/s with a spinal injury
- Chapter 27 - A Person/s living in a residential aged care facility
- An eBook included in all print purchases
- A focus on digital communication - includes overviews and tips on navigating professional and personal electronic media
- Individual and group activities throughout to encourage skill development, reflection and awareness of self and others
- An extensive suite of scenarios – practise and apply your communication skills using realistic situations and individuals that healthcare professionals encounter in clinical practice
Additional resources on Evolve
eBook on VitalSource
- Answers to end-of-chapter review questions
- Student quiz (True/False)
- Semester Planner
- Tutorial activities
- Image bank
- Student quiz (MCQ’s)