Advanced Critical Care Nursing, 2nd Edition
Awarded third place in the 2017 AJN Book of the Year Awards in the Critical Care- Emergency Nursing category. Learn to effectively address life-threatening and potentially life-threatening patient conditions with Advanced Critical Care Nursing 2nd Edition. Endorsed by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) this comprehensive nursing-focused text centers on the clinical reasoning process as it helps you comprehend analyse synthesize and apply advanced critical care knowledge and concepts. The book is organized within the structure of body systems along with synthesis chapters that address patient conditions involving multiple body systems. Numerous illustrations and graphs plus unfolding case studies further aid your understanding and help you apply text content. In all Advanced Critical Care Nursing is the must-have resource dedicated to helping you oversee or care for critical care patients in any practice setting.
New to this edition
- NEW! Updated information throughout reflects the latest evidence-based content as well as national and international treatment guidelines.
- NEW! Streamlined content places a greater focus on the need-to-know information for today’s high acuity, progressive, and critical care settings.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of emerging and infectious diseases and multidrug-resistant infections keep readers up to date with the most topical diseases, such as the Zika virus.
- NEW! Additional content on alternative settings for critical care now includes the eICU and remote monitoring.
- NEW! Full-color design clarifies important concepts and improve the book's usability.
- Body systems organization emphasizes core systems and advanced concepts.
- Consistent chapter format features numerous illustrations, charts, and graphs in each chapter to enhance understanding.
- Synthesis chapters address patient conditions that involve multiple body systems — a common occurrence in critical care nursing.
- Unfolding case studies with decision point questions are included at the end of all disorders chapters, providing opportunities to apply advanced critical care content to actual scenarios.
- Medication tables incorporate common classifications of critical care drugs for specific disorders, including drugs, actions, and special considerations.
|Main Author||By Vicki S. Good, DNP, RN, CENP, CPPS and Peggy L. Kirkwood, MSN, RN, ACNPC, CHFN, AACC|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Publication Date||21 Feb 2017|
|Stock Status||IN STOCK|
UNIT I: INTRODUCTION
1. The Evolving Critical Care Environment
UNIT II: CARDIAC
2. Advanced Dysrhythmias
3. Acute Coronary Syndromes
4. Heart Failure
5. Cardiac Surgery
6. Valvular Disease and Surgery
7. Vascular Emergencies
8. Heart and Lung Transplantation
UNIT III: PULMONARY
9. Acute Respiratory Failure and Acute Lung Injury
10. Mechanical Ventilation and Weaning
11. Thoracic Surgery
UNIT IV: NEUROLOGIC
12. Head Injury and Dysfunction
13. Cerebrovascular Disorders
14. Spinal Cord Injury
15. Special Neurologic Patient Populations
UNIT V: GASTROINTESTINAL
16. Gastrointestinal Bleeding
17. Liver Dysfunction and Failure
19. The Gut in Critical Illness
20. Liver, Kidney, and/or Pancreas Transplantation
UNIT VI: RENAL
21. Electrolyte Emergencies
22. Complex Acid-Base Disorders and Associated Electrolyte Imbalances
23. Acute Renal Failure
UNIT VII: ENDOCRINE
24. Glycemic Control
25. Pituitary, Thyroid, and Adrenal Disorders
UNIT VIII: HEMATOLOGIC
26. Blood Conservation / Blood Component Replacement
UNIT IX: MULTISYSTEM
28. Shock and End Points of Resuscitation
29. Optimizing Hemodynamics: Strategies for Fluid and Medication Titration in Shock
30. Trauma and Mass-Casualty Competencies
31. Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome
UNIT X: SPECIAL PATIENT POPULATIONS
32. Caring for the Immunocompromised Patient
33. Caring for the Patient in the Immediate Postoperative Period
34. Caring for the Critically Ill Pregnant Patient
35. Caring for the Pediatric Patient in an Adult Critical Care Unit
36. Caring for the Critically Ill Elderly Patient
37. Caring for the Critically Ill Patient with a Neuropsychiatric Disorder
38. Caring for the Bariatric Patient
UNIT XI: SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS IN CRITICAL CARE
39. Pain and Sedation
40. Comorbid Conditions
41. Oncologic Emergencies
42. Chemical Dependency
43. End-of-Life Care
Appendix A: Answers to Decision Point Questions