Veterinary Instruments and Equipment, 3rd Edition
A Pocket Guide
Use this pocket guide to learn veterinary instruments and equipment at a glance! Veterinary Instruments and Equipment, Third Edition shows hundreds of detailed, full-color photographs of instruments and describes how and when each is used. A flashcard-style format makes it easy to flip through the pages, so you will quickly become familiar with commonly used equipment. An Evolve companion website includes instrument photographs that may be rotated 360 degrees so that you can zoom in to see close-ups of the different tips. With this knowledge, you’ll prove a valuable member of the clinical team!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW photographs of veterinary instruments, including:
- Bair Hugger warming unit
- Centrifuges: small (urine), medium (blood), and large (fecal)
- Autoclave (steam and gas)
- Surgical table (V table and flat table)
- Microchip implanter
- Anal gland excision kit
- UPDATED photographs provide improved resolution of images.
- 400 high-quality color photographs help you quickly become familiar with instruments.
- A flip book, flashcard format makes it easy to learn veterinary instruments and equipment.
- Coverage of surgical instruments includes general instruments such as hemostats, forceps, and scissors, and describes orthopedic, ophthalmic, and dental instruments used in veterinary specialty surgeries.
- Coverage of restraint equipment includes proper restraint techniques for all species of large and small animals.
- Instruments and equipment shown for common procedures for small and large animals, including bovine, equine, sheep, pigs, and goats, and include procedures such as dehorning, hoof care, castration, and teat and obstetrical procedures.
- An Evolve companion website includes all of the photos from the book plus images of 30 instruments in a zoom-and-rotate format, allowing you to focus in on instrument details including the different tips.
- Two pages are allotted to each instrument, with the top page including a photo and the bottom page including the instrument’s name, functions, and characteristics.
- Spiral binding allows the book to lay flat or fold over so that only the instrument or description is visible.
By Teresa F. Sonsthagen, BS, LVT, Instructor, Veterinary Technology Program, Department of Animal and Range of Sciences; North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND