Mosby's Veterinary PDQ, 2nd Edition
No veterinary technician should be without this pocket-sized reference! Ideal for the clinical setting, Mosby’s Veterinary PDQ, 2nd Edition provides quick access to hundreds of veterinary medicine facts, formulas, lab values, and procedures. Coverage includes key topics such as pharmacology, math, animal care, common diseases, diagnostic procedures, imaging techniques, parasite identification, urinalysis, blood tests, and other lab work. This full-color, practical guide makes it easy to find the information that is most useful in practice!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW step-by-step procedures include blood collection and injection techniques.
- NEW drug information covers the newest pharmacologic agents, ensuring you are up to date with uses, adverse side effects, and dosage forms.
- Coverage of NEW test kits describes the newest testing products available.
- Increased coverage of capnography and monitoring of patients under anesthesia provides information on these key topics.
- Added photos of cells and urine sediment show urinalysis and fecal examinations, which are both routinely performed.
- Easy-to-read charts and tables provide quick access to key information that is commonly used but rarely memorized.
- Valuable formulas, conversions, and lab values make it easy to look up the data needed to deliver safe and effective veterinary care.
- Quick-access format is organized into 10 tabbed, color-coded sections, and makes it easy to find facts quickly.
- Full-color photos and line drawings illustrate procedures and tests, dental and surgical instruments, parasites, and urine and blood analysis.
- Compact size easily fits in the busy vet tech’s pocket.
- Spiral binding allows you to lay the book flat or keep it open to a page that is commonly referred to.
- Durable pages can endure the wear and tear of the clinical setting, and may be easily wiped clean.
By Margi Sirois, EdD, MS, RVT, LAT, Program Director, Veterinary Technician Program, Penn Foster College, Scottsdale AZ, USA