Lavin's Radiography for Veterinary Technicians, 5th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Written by veterinary technicians for veterinary students and practicing technicians, Lavin’s Radiography for Veterinary Technicians, 5th Edition, combines all the aspects of imaging - including production, positioning, and evaluation of radiographs -into one comprehensive text. Completely updated with all new vivid, color equipment photos, positioning drawings and detailed anatomy drawings, this fifth edition is a valuable resource for students, technicians and veterinarians who need information on the latest technology or unique positioning.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! More than 1000 new full-color photos and updated radiographic images visually demonstrate the relationship between anatomy and positioning.
- NEW! All-new color anatomy art created by an expert medical illustrator help you to recognize and avoid making imaging mistakes.
- NEW! Non-Manual restraint techniques including sandbags, tape, rope, sponges, sedation and combinations improve your safety and radiation protection.
- NEW! Chapter on dental radiography aids general veterinarian techs and those specializing in dentistry.
- NEW! Increased emphasis on digital radiography, including quality factors and post-processing, keeps you up-to-date on the most recent developments in digital technology.
- Broad coverage of radiologic science, physics, imaging and protection provide you with foundations for good technique.
- Positioning photos, radiographic images and anatomical drawings presented side-by-side with text explanation for each procedure increases your comprehension and retention.
- Objectives, key terms, outlines, chapter introductions and key points help you organize information to ensure you understand what is most important in every chapter.
By Marg Brown, RVT, BEd Ad Ed, Penn Foster College, Scranton, Pennsylvania, Active Member, Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians and Association of Veterinary Technician Educators and Lois Brown, RTR, (Cdn/USA), ACR, MSc, Member Canadian Association of Physicists, President, Xray Imaging Consultants Ltd., Tottenham, Ontario