Common Diseases of Companion Animals, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Gain quick access to the most common diseases that veterinary technicians encounter with Common Diseases of Companion Animals, 3rd Edition. This reference is divided into sections by species, with chapters in each section organized by body system. Each disease is presented in monograph form, with clinical signs, diagnostic laboratory work-up, treatment options, and client information to ensure the information you need is always at hand.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Introductory chapter on pathophysiology provides information on the foundations of disease and the body’s response to disease before proceeding to the specific diseases of each system.
- NEW! Expanded nursing care sections include descriptions of changes in clinical signs with improvement or decline that will affect treatment, as well as more Tech Alerts to highlight the veterinary technician’s responsibilities.
- NEW! An increase in the number and variety of review questions, including open-ended critical thinking questions.
- NEW! Full-color design and illustration program reinforces what diseases look like - such as signs exhibited in the animal, in lab specimens, and in surgical corrections - and demonstrates techniques, such as urethral catheter placement in a female cat.
- NEW! Vet Tech Threads direct learning by outlining key terms, learning objectives, and the glossary.
- NEW! Pageburst eBook interactive features offer a dynamic learning environment.
- Well-organized content presents diseases in a consistent, monograph style, including description, clinical signs, laboratory work-up, treatment, medications, after care, client information, and prevention.
- Diseases organized by body system enables you to quickly refer to the most accurate information.
- Coverage of the common diseases veterinary technicians are likely to encounter in practice keeps you up-to-date with the diseases and disorders you are most likely to assist in diagnosing and managing.
- Clearly defined role of the technician helps you understand what is expected of you as a working professional.
- Tech Alerts emphasize key information on the process of caring for pets.
"The book 'gives a very basic rundown of the clinical signs, diagnosis and treatment of a whole range of conditions...all in a compact volume of 783 pages. It provides a very basic veterinary background for the work that nurses are carrying out on a day-to-day basis, giving them a greater understanding of the clinical decision making that goes on behind the cases that they manage."
Veterinary Times, July 2008 (Previous Edition)
"This manual provides an overview of the various conditions which can affect all 'companion' animals ( this includes dogs and cats, exotics, birds, reptiles, horses but also goats and sheep). The diseases are classified by system and each chapter describes clearly what to look for and what to expect. Easy- peasy then! Numerous "Tech Alert" boxes are used to highlight important tips and there is a review questionnaire at the end of each chapter."
Vet Nurses Today, April 2014
By Alleice Summers, DVM, Cedar Valley College, Veterinary Technology, Lancaster, TX