Slatter's Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
|Print - Hardback||$135.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Recognize, diagnose, and manage a wide range of common ocular conditions with Slatter's Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology, 5th Edition. Covering small and large animals including birds and exotic species, this reference provides the latest, most practical information on structure and function of the eye, ocular development, pathology, examination and diagnosis, surgical procedures, ophthalmic pharmacology and therapeutics, and management of ocular emergencies. Nearly 1,000 color photos and illustrations accurately depict ocular conditions and demonstrate surgical techniques. Edited by noted veterinary ophthalmologists David J. Maggs, Paul E. Miller, and Ron Ofri, this reference is an essential aid to clinical decision-making, from differential diagnosis to medical and surgical management.
New to This Edition
- NEW pharmaceutical therapies and procedural techniques provide the most current diagnostic and treatment methods.
- Extensive updates including the latest information on pharmacology, eyelid surgery, tear film deficiencies, and retinal disease help you provide the most current, effective care.
- NEW sections on ophthalmic diseases of chinchillas and guinea pigs provide expert guidance in the care of these increasingly popular exotic pets.
- NEW! Detailed table of contents describes the specifics of coverage in each chapter.
- NEW! Pageburst companion website makes the entire contents of the book fully searchable. Sold separately.
- Practical, clinically focused coverage provides a one-stop diagnostic guide to ophthalmic disease in small and large animals including birds and exotic pets.
- Logical organization by anatomic region makes topics easy to locate.
- Nearly 1,000 color images present illustrated, step-by-step procedures that guide you through the recognition, diagnosis, and treatment of ocular conditions you are most likely to encounter.
- A team of three internationally respected veterinary ophthalmologists co-edit this reference to provide comprehensive, clinical expertise.
- Useful tables and charts summarize important facts and show treatment instructions at a glance.
- Clinical Tips boxes offer helpful practice advice.
By David Maggs, BVSc(Hons), DAVCO, University of California-Davis, Davis, CA; Paul Miller, DVM, DACVO, University of Wisconsin, School of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Surgical Sciences and Ron Ofri, DVM, PhD, DECVO, Senior Lecturer, Veterinary Ophthalmology, Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel