Fundamentals of Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Section One: Foundations
- Characteristics of Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Translation from Conventional Medicine
- Issues in Integrative Medicine
- Ecological Pharmacology NEW!
- Social and Cultural Factors in Medicine
Section Two: Mind, Body and Spirit
- Mind-Body Thought and Practice in Early and Late America NEW!
- Neurohumoral Physiology and PNI
- Mind-Body Modalities
- Energy Medicine NEW!
- Biophysical Devices: Electricity, Light and Magnetism
- The Arts in Medicine
- Creative and Expressive Therapies NEW!
Section Three: Manual Therapies
- Principles of Bodywork: Manual and Manipulative Therapies NEW!
- Massage and Touch Therapies NEW!
- Reflexology NEW!
Section Four: Alternative Western Therapies
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Western Herbalism, with Appendix: Common Herbs in Clinical Practice
- Nutrition & Hydration NEW!
Section Five: Traditional Ethnomedical Systems: Asia
- Traditional Medicine of China, with Appendix: Chinese Herbs
- Acupuncture NEW!
- Qi Gong
- Tibetan Medicine
- Traditional Medicine of India: Ayur Veda & Siddha NEW!
- Unani Medicine NEW!
- Contemporary Ayur Veda NEW!
- Sufism and Rapid Healing
Section Six: Traditional Ethnomedical Systems: Africa and the Americas
- Indigenous Knowledge Systems-Southern African Healing
- Native American Healing, with Appendix: Native American Herbs
- South American Spiritism NEW!
- Latin American Curanderismo
- Global Perspectives NEW!