1. Knowledge for practice based disciplines: advancing the debate.
2. The context of nursing and health care research.
3. Accessing sources of knowledge.
4. Making the most of existing knowledge.
5. Philosophical and theoretical underpinnings of research.
6. The relationship between research question and research design.
7. Evaluating qualitative research.
8. Evaluating quantitative research.
9. Populations and samples: identifying boundaries of research.
10. Critiquing ethical issues in published research.
11. Reviewing and interpreting research: identifying implications for practice.
12. Evidence-based practice and critical appraisals of quantitative review articles (systematic reviews).
13. Factors which may inhibit the utilization of research findings in practice - and some solutions.
14. Techniques and strategies for translating research findings into health care practice.