1. What is dementia? (definitions, causes, differential diagnosis).
2. Neuropsychological and neurological symptoms of dementia.
3. Psychiatric and behavioural symptoms in dementia.
4. Assessment of dementia.
5. Reversible causes of dementia.
6. Management of dementia.
7. Problems that carers and families face; elder abuse.
8. Services for patients with dementia and their carers.
9. Younger people with dementia; different ethnic groups; dementia and learning disability.
10. Dementia, ethics and the law.
11. Alzheimer's disease.
12. Vascular dementia.
13. Frontal lobe dementia.
14. Dementia and Parkinson's Disease.
15. Dementia and other neurological diseases.
16. Dementia and alcohol.
17. Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease and Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy.
Selected references/further reading.
Appendices: Useful addresses & websites for self-help groups, voluntary organizations etc.