I. Historical Perspective of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
1. Pulmonary Rehabilitation: History and Definition
II. Basic Concepts of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
2. Selection and Assessment of the Chronic Respiratory Disease Patient for Pulmonary Rehabilitation
3. Pathophysiology of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
4. Systemic Effects of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease NEW!
5. Dyspnea: Assessment and Management
6. Education in Pulmonary Rehabiliation
III. Therapeutic Intervention in Pulmonary Rehabilitation
7. Pharmacological Therapy for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
8. Aerosol Therapy
9. Therapeutic Oxygen
10. Exercise in the Rehabilitation of Patients with Respiratory Disease
11. Inspiratory Muscle Training
12. Physical and Respiratory Therapy for the Medical and Surgical Patient
13. Occupational Therapy to Promote Function and Health-Related Quality of Life
14. Nutritional Assessment and Support
15. Complementary Alternative Medicine for Patients with Chronic Lung Disease NEW!
16. Medical Management of Tobacco Dependence: Concepts and Treatment
17. Behavioral Medicine in Pulmonary Rehabilitation: Psychological, Cognitive, and Social Factors
18. Sexuality in the Pulmonary Patient
19. Preventative Strategies for the Patient with Chronic Lung Disease
IV. Special Considerations in Pulmonary Rehabilitation
20. Adherence in the Patient with Pulmonary Disease
21. Outcomes Assessment
22. Home Mechanical Ventilation
23. Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Lung Transplantation
24. Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Lung Volume Reduction Surgery NEW!
25. Ethical and End-of-Life Issues for the Care of Patients with Advanced Lung Disease
26. Social and Recreational Support of the Pulmonary Patient
27. Sleep Disorders in Pulmonary Patients
28. The Role of Home Care
29. Travel for the Patient with Respiratory Disease
30. Management of and Reimbursement for Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services NEW!
V. Pulmonary Rehabilitation for Miscellaneous Disorders
31. Rehabilitation in Patients with Diseases other than Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
32. Exercise and Pulmonary Hypertension NEW!
33. Rehabilitation for the Pediatric Patient with Pulmonary Disease
VI. Benefits and the Future of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
34. Benefits and the Future of Pulmonary Rehabilitation