Nursing Theorists and Their Work - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 8th Edition
|Print - Paperback||$76.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
The most comprehensive of its kind, this classic resource in the field of nursing theory provides an in-depth look at 49 theorists of historical, international, and significant importance. Each chapter features a clear, consistent presentation of a key nursing philosophy or theory. Case studies and critical thinking activities help bridge the gap between theory and application.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Quotes from the theorist make each complex theory more memorable.
- NEW! Chapter on Afaf Meleis profiles a theorist who has shaped theoretical development in nursing and explores her "transition theory."
- NEW! Need to Know Information is highlighted to streamline long, complex passages and help you review key concepts.
- NEW! Points for Further Study at the end of each chapter direct you to assets available for additional information.
- Critical Thinking Activities at the end of each theorist chapter help you to process the theory presented and apply it to personal and hypothetical practice situations.
- A case study at the end of each theorist chapter puts the theory into a larger perspective, demonstrating how it can be applied to practice.
- A Brief Summary in each theorist chapter helps you review for tests and confirm your comprehension.
- A Major Concepts & Definitions box included in each theorist chapter outlines the theory's most significant ideas and clarifies content-specific vocabulary.
- Each theorist chapter is written by a scholar specializing in that particular theorist's work, often having worked closely with the theorists, to provide the most accurate and complete information possible.
- Beginning chapters provide a strong foundation on the history and philosophy of science, logical reasoning, and the theory development process.
- Diagrams for theories help you visualize and better understand inherently abstract concepts.
- Pictures of theorists, as well as a listing of contact information for each individual, enables you to contact the source of information directly.
- Theorist chapters have been reviewed and edited by the theorist, validating the accounts set forth in the text for currency and accuracy.
- An extensive bibliography at the conclusion of each theorist chapter outlines numerous primary and secondary sources of information, ideal for both undergraduate and graduate research projects.
By Martha Raile Alligood, PhD, RN, ANEF, Professor and Director, PhD program, College of Nursing, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, USA