Video Atlas of Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Video Atlas of Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery brings you the detailed visual guidance and unmatched expertise you need to master the most important and cutting-edge minimally invasive procedures and the treatment of unusual cases. Full-color photographs and narrated procedural videos online and on DVD lead you step by step through today’s most effective techniques. Tips and "secrets" from a veritable "who’s who" in the field equip you to deliver optimal results while minimizing or avoiding complications.Table of Contents
- Hone and expand your surgical skills by watching videos of Dr. Frantzides and other leading international experts performing advanced techniques.
- Visualize how to proceed by reviewing beautifully illustrated, full-color anatomic artwork which provides well-rendered representations of underlying structures, anatomy, and pathology.
- Prevent and plan for complications prior to a procedure thanks to a step-by-step approach to each procedure, complete with personal techniques and secrets from leading experts.
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about minimally invasive techniques and "closed" procedures including laparoscopic Whipple procedure; revision for failed bariatric procedures; and avoiding and managing complications of single port procedures.
- Take it with you anywhere! Access the full text, video clips, and more online at expertconsult.com
"This surgical atlas combines the traditional illustrated textbook with a narrated video accompanying each chapter. These are presented on DVD and can also be accessed online...Each chapter provides a concise and generallly well-illustrated description of the operation covered...Overall this atlas is an up to date and pertinent addition to the surgical literature, but a number of the videos could have been better.
The British Journal of Surgery, December 2012
"This is a well-thought-out and nicely written atlas on minimally invasive surgery. Each chapter is straightforward and is complemented by a generous amount of well-done illustrations. In addition to that, the bulk of each chapter is organized according to the operation's key steps, making it very easy on readers. One of the highlights of this book is the fact that the contents are also accessible online. For additional illustrative purposes, the package includes DVDs and online access to videos showing how the procedures are done. The majority of the procedures are edited to be less than 15 minutes in length, and contain high definition images with good quality narration. In short, this multimedia surgical atlas is strongly recommended for those interested in complex and new technological advances in the field of minimally invasive surgery."- Hui Sen Chong, MD (University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics) 4 star Doody rating!
By Constantine T. Frantzides, MD, PhD, FACS, Director, Chicago Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery, Skokie, IL and Mark A. Carlson, MD, FACS, Mark A. Carlson, MD, FACS
Associate Professor, Department of Surgery
University of Nebraska Medical Center