Oesophagogastric Surgery - Print and E-Book, 5th Edition
A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
Oesophagogastric Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- An expanded authorship team across the series includes additional European and World experts with an increased emphasis on global practice.
- The contents of the series have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence.
- This revised edition takes full account of the advances in the roles of endoscopic and laparoscopic investigation, management and the treatment of benign and malignant oesophagogastric disease.
- Key areas of evolving oesophagogastric practice are reflected in state of the art chapters from authors in the United States, Japan and Australia.
- Over half of the chapters have been updated to reflect the latest opinions on complicated and rapidly changing disciplines in endoscopic and open surgery.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
- Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.
***2010 BMA Book Awards - Highly Commended - Surgical specialties category***
“Evidence based medicine is clearly highlighted in text. Key points listed at end of each chapter and references with key research are highlighted. It has clear diagrams and illustrations. Overall a well-written text which provides a wealth of information for general surgical trainees and gastroenterologists.” Judges comments
Edited by S. Michael Griffin, MD, FRCS, Professor of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Northern Oesophago-gastric Unit, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK; Simon A. Raimes, MD, FRCS, FRCS (Ed), Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeon, Northern Oesophago-gastric Unit, Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, UK and Jonathan Shenfine, Clinical Fellow