Kidney Transplantation - Principles and Practice, 7th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
With meticulous updates throughout, Kidney Transplantation remains your definitive medical resource for state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of renal transplantation. A multidisciplinary approach from internationally renowned nephrologists from around the world offers practice-applicable guidance for all members of the transplant team. With coverage encompassing applied science, surgical techniques, immunosuppressive methods, outcomes, risks, and medical considerations related to kidney transplantation, both in adults and children, you’ll have the balanced information you need to achieve the best possible outcomes.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Apply the latest knowledge and techniques with state-of-the-art coverage of all areas of kidney transplantation such as preservation of kidneys; mechanisms of rejection and the induction of tolerance; techniques of laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy; and immunosuppression.
- Stay current with new chapters on Belatacept; kidney paired donation programs for living donors; and evidence in transplantation, plus comprehensive updates throughout.
- Hone your knowledge and clinical skills with new video clips at Expert Consult that demonstrate the formation of an immune synapse, 3-D rotational images of immune synapses, an NK cell killing its target, peritoneal dialysis-catheter insertion techniques, brain death examination, and more.
- Visualize key concepts and discern nuances of renal transplantation techniques through more than 335 superb illustrations.
- Access the fully searchable text online anywhere, anytime with Expert Consult online access.
”The layout...makes the material easily accessible, and the quality of the illustrations is superb. It...covers every conceivable aspect of renal transplantation. An excellent reference source...An inevitable part of the transplantation section in every library.”—Archives of Surgery, review of the previous edition
This latest edition of Kidney Transplantation is a magnificent achievement. Transplant physicians, surgeons, and nephrologists who study this book - whether they are fellows, residents, or junior or senior faculty members - will be rewarded.
The New England Journal of Medicine, January 22, 2009
By Peter Morris, MD, PhD, FRS, FRCS, Emeritus Nuffield Professor of Surgery, University of Oxford; Honorary Professor, University of London; Director, Centre for Evidence in Transplantation, Royal College of Surgeons of England; London, UK and Stuart J. Knechtle, MD, FACS, Clinical Director, Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics, Mason Chair of Transplant Surgery, Emory Transplant Center; Atlanta, GA, USA