Skills Practice Manual for LaFleur Brooks' Health Unit Coordinating, 6th Edition
Master skills in a simulated hospital setting before working in actual hospital practice! The 96 exercises and activities in this practice manual correspond to LaFleur Brooks' Health Unit Coordinating, 6th Edition and provide hands-on experience by specifying necessary skills, as well as the materials and steps you need to practice them. Plus, the companion CD-ROM packaged with this manual simulates a hospital computer system to help you hone skills you'll use in the field!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- More doctors’ orders provide even more practice to help you gain experience interpreting real and more complex orders.
- Printable physician orders included on the CD provide progressive practice in print form for ease of use.
- Activities correspond to chapters in the main text to make using the practice manual with the text easy.
- "Practice Activity Software for Transcription of Physicians’ Orders" on the companion CD-ROM allows you to complete activities on the computer for realistic practice.
- Practice entering orders, printing a nursing unit census, admitting/transferring/discharging a patient, verifying or canceling tests, locating or creating a patient profile, and more with the realistic hospital computer system on the "Practice Activity Software for Transcription of Physicians’ Orders CD-ROM."
- Complete all the same activities from the CD-ROM anywhere, without a computer, with the "Ordering Requisitions" appendix.
- Learn to decipher handwriting with realistic, handwritten doctors’ orders.
- "A Clinical Evaluation Record" provides a written record of your performance in the clinical setting to keep track of your success or areas where improvement is needed.
By Elaine A. Gillingham, AAS, BA, CHUC, Program Director (Retired), Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ; and Monica Wadsworth Seibel, BS, MEd, CHUC, Program Director, Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ