LaFleur Brooks' Health Unit Coordinating Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$83.95|
|Print - Paperback||$83.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Get the most comprehensive, in-depth coverage on health unit coordinating from the industry's most popular text! Expert authors Elaine Gillingham and Monica Wadsworth Seibel offer in-depth discussion of key theories and concepts surrounding the profession and guide you through the common responsibilities of a health unit coordinator in both traditional and electronic medical record environments. From greeting new patients and dealing with visitors to transcribing physicians' orders, maintaining statistical reports, and preparing patient charts, this text will prepare you for success across all areas of health unit coordination.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Expanded coverage of the EMR/CPOE explains how the implementation of the electronic medical record/CPOE is changing the role of the Health Unit Coordinator.
- UPDATED! Coverage of medications, diagnostic procedures, therapies, surgical procedures, and new health care trends keep you up to date on how to perform your role effectively in today's medical environment.
- NEW! Hot topics in health unit coordinating keep you abreast of issues currently affecting the health unit coordinator such as, the electronic health record/CPOE, physician order entries, preceptorships, and interviewing/background checks, are addressed.
- NEW! Additional student activities are included in each chapter to help reinforce material, expand your critical thinking and application skills, and prepare you for exams.
- NEW! Flashcards on Evolve help you review important terminology and abbreviations that you will use on the job.
- Certification Review Guide with mock certification exam is included on the Evolve site with every purchase of the book.
- Step-by-step instructions on how to perform important procedures include in-depth explanations of key tasks and possible modifications that would meet special requirements.
- High Priority boxes throughout the text offer useful information such as lists of addresses, organizations, laboratory studies, hospital specialties, health unit coordinator career ladders, helpful hints, and more, related to chapter discussions.
- Example boxes in the Communication chapters present real-life scenarios that outline the responsibilities of the health unit coordinator in each situation and offer tips on how you can conduct yourself in a professional and helpful manner.
- Bad handwriting examples give you experience deciphering hard-to-read handwriting that you will encounter in practice.Student-friendly features such as outlines, chapter objectives, vocabulary, and abbreviations are included at the beginning of each chapter to set the stage for the important information to be covered later in the chapter.
- References within the text to the companion skills practice manual and online tools direct you to hands-on exercises that stress the practical applications of skills and procedures in a simulated health care environment.
By Elaine A. Gillingham, AAS, BA, CHUC, Program Director (Retired), Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ