Job Readiness for Health Professionals
Soft Skills Strategies for Success
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$56.95|
You might know how to properly bill patients, draw blood, or code in a professional work environment, but are you prepared to find and keep your next job? Using an easy-to-read, easy-to-follow format, Job Readiness for Health Professionals: Soft Skills Strategies for Success gives you an advantage in the job market by guiding you through what you need to know to master the essential soft skills - such as professional habits, attitudes, and personality traits - needed for every entry-level healthcare job. If you want long-term success as a working professional, then this book is for you!Table of Contents
- Critical thinking exercises woven throughout skills include multidisciplinary scenarios from the field.
- What If? boxes feature short scenarios for the you to think about how you would handle a situation in the workplace.
- Case studies use fictional vignettes to illustrate the issues involved with the specific skills.
- Down a Dark Road vignettes illustrate what can go terribly wrong when a skill is ignored or not mastered.
- Behavioral objectives provided for mastering each skill.
- Worktext format with journaling activities give you opportunities for self reflection on your skills progress.
- Experiential Exercises are actions or experiments that you can perform on your own to gain a deeper appreciation for the skill.
- Cross Currents with Other Skills cross references related skills, pointing out the synergies and connections between them.