Canine and Feline Cytology, 2nd Edition
A Color Atlas and Interpretation Guide
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Master the art and science of specimen collection, preparation, and evaluation with Canine & Feline Cytology: A Color Atlas and Interpretation Guide, Second Edition. This easy-to-use guide covers all body systems and fluids including a special chapter on acquisition and management of cytology specimens. Hundreds of vivid color images of normal tissue alongside abnormal tissue images – plus concise summaries of individual lesions and guidelines for interpretation - will enhance your ability to confidently face any diagnostic challenge.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Chapter on Fecal Cytology
- Highlighted boxes featuring Key Points provide helpful tips for best conceptual understanding and diagnostic effectiveness
- Photomicrographs now include more comparative histology
- Discussions of broader uses of stains and immunocytochemistry for differential cytologic characterization
- Expanded chapter on Advanced Diagnostic Techniques includes more methodology and application of current tools, representing advances in both aspiration and exfoliative cytology.
- A greatly expanded image collection, with more than 1,200 vivid, full-color photomicrographic illustrations depicting multiple variations of normal and abnormal tissue for fast and accurate diagnosis
- Clear, concise descriptions of tissue sampling techniques, slide preparation and examination guidelines
- Helpful hints for avoiding technical pitfalls and improving diagnostic quality of specimens
- Includes all body systems and fluids as well as pathological changes associated with infectious agents
- Histologic and histopathologic correlates provided in all organ system chapters.
- User-friendly format and logical organization facilitates readability and learning.
- Expert contributors represent the most respected leaders in the field.
"The book is full of colour illustrations, more than 1200 in fact, and is accompanied by a clear text. The layout of the chapters has been enormously improved compared to the first edition. Reading through the book I got very enthusiastic about its quality. This book has been very much improved from its first edition and has become one of the better ones in this field."
EJCAP review, January 2010
By Rose E. Raskin, DVM, PhD, DACVP, Professor of Veterinary Clinical Pathology, Department of Comparative Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN and Denny Meyer, DVM, DACVIM, DACVP, Chief Scientific Officer, Charles River Preclinical Services, Reno, NV