Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine, 5th Edition
Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine, 5th Edition, by Meir H. Kryger, MD, FRCPC, Thomas Roth, PhD, and William C. Dement, MD, PhD, delivers the comprehensive, dependable guidance you need to effectively diagnose and manage even the most challenging sleep disorders. Updates to genetics and circadian rhythms, occupational health, sleep in older people, memory and sleep, physical examination of the patient, comorbid insomnias, and much more keep you current on the newest areas of the field. A greater emphasis on evidence-based approaches helps you make the most well-informed clinical decisions. And, a new more user-friendly, full-color format, both in print and online, lets you find the answers you need more quickly and easily. Whether you are preparing for the new sleep medicine fellowship examination, or simply want to offer your patients today's best care, this is the one resource to use!
New to This Edition
- Stay on top of the hottest topics in sleep medicine with 56 new chapters, including:
- Postpartum Sleep Disturbances
- Fatigue Risk Management
- What does Brain Imaging Reveal about Sleep Genesis and Maintenance?
- Physician Examination of the Sleep Patient
- Forensic Sleep Medicine
- Pathophysiology and Models of Insomnia
- Treatment of Insomnia: Developing Treatment Guidelines
- Restrictive Lung Disorders
- Sleep Medicine in the Elderly: Obstructive
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Metabolic, and Renal Disorders
- Sleep Apnea, Obesity and Bariatric Surgery
- Sleep and Renal Disease
- Theories of Dreaming
- Why We Dream
- Sleep, Stress, and Burnout
- Evaluating Sleep EEG and Sleep Stage Scoring
- And more
- Master the newest areas in the field with 5 new sections covering:
- Sleep Mechanisms and Phylogeny
- Genetics of Sleep
- Physiology in Sleep
- Occupational Sleep Medicine
- Sleep Medicine in the Elderly
- Apply evidence-based approaches wherever available.
- Find answers more easily thanks to a new user-friendly, full-color format.
- Access the complete contents online from any computer and perform rapid searches on any topic.
- Follow links to PubMed abstracts for most bibliographical references.
- Access regular updates reflecting important new clinical developments.
- View video clips demonstrating key manifestations of sleep disturbances and interviews with sleep medicine pioneers and thought leaders.
- Enhance your knowledge with hundreds of self-assessment questions.
- Download patient education handouts in multiple languages.
- Import all of the images and tables into PowerPoint.
- Make optimal use of the newest scientific discoveries and clinical approaches that are advancing the diagnosis and management of sleep disorders.
"More than a textbook - it is an experience ... A must-have for sleep professionals...an essential addition to the library of any clinician interested in learning more about how sleep medicine interrelates with nearly every field of medicine." - JAMA, review of the last edition
By Meir H. Kryger, MD, Meir H. Kryger, MD, FRCPC Professor of Medicine, University of Connecticut, Director of Research and Education, Gaylord Hospital Sleep Medicine, Wallingford , Connecticut; Thomas Roth, PhD, Head, Division of Sleep Disorders Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital; Clinical Profesor of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Detroit, MI and William C. Dement, MD, PhD, Lowell W. and Josephine Q. Berry Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences; Director, Sleep Disorders Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA