Principles and Practice of Pediatric Sleep Medicine, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Principles and Practice of Pediatric Sleep Medicine, 2nd Edition, written by preeminent sleep medicine experts Drs. Sheldon, Kryger, Ferber, and Gozal, is the most comprehensive source for diagnosing and managing sleep disorders in children. Newly updated and now in full color throughout, this medical reference book is internationally recognized as the definitive resource for any health practitioner who treats children, providing absolute guidance on virtually all of the sleep-associated problems encountered in pediatric patients.
"As a reference book this edition should hold its value for a long time .Editors Sheldon, Ferber , Kryger and Gozal deserve appreciation for their masterly compilation .Reviewed by: British Association for Community Child Health (BACCH) Date: Nov 2014Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New and expanded chapters regarding sleep related breathing disorders; parasomnias; differential diagnosis of pediatric sleep disorders; hypersomnia; school start times and implications; and the evaluation and management of circadian rhythm disturbances.
- Extensive coverage on obstructive sleep apnea, diagnosis and treatment; evaluation and management of sleepy children; evaluation and management of circadian rhythm abnormalities; and pharmacology.
- Online access via Expert Consult for seamlessly searchable contents.
- Organized format separates coverage into Normal and Abnormal sleep for quick access to the key information you need.
- Abundantly referenced chapters help you to investigate topics further.
- Equips you with a complete understanding of both medical and psychiatric sleep disorders.
"This is quite a significant contribution to the field of pediatric sleep medicine. The editors and chapter authors are prominent experts in the field. As with the prior edition, it will serve as an essential resource on pediatric sleep medicine for those involved in the care of children and adolescents. It provides a timely update, given the rapid expansion of knowledge from the robust scientific investigation in this field."-M. Isabel Crisostomo, MD(Rush University Medical Center) Doody Review: 5 stars
"True to its title the Principles and Practice of Pediatric Sleep Medicine Second Edition achieves its objective of delivering the principle s of approaching the problems relating to sleep disorders in children .
As a reference book this edition should hold its value for a long time .Editors Sheldon, Ferber , Kryger and Gozal deserve appreciation for their masterly compilation . eBook version naturally adds further versatility and ease for the readers."
Reviewed by: British Association for Community Child Health (BACCH) Date: Nov 2014
By Stephen H. Sheldon, DO, FAAP, Professor, Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine; Director, Sleep Medicine Center, Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois; Meir H. Kryger, MD, Professor of Medicine, Yale School of Medicine, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut; Richard Ferber, MD, Associate Professor of Neurology
Harvard Medical School
Director, Center for Pediatric Sleep Disorders
Children's Hospital Boston
and David Gozal, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Pediatrics, Comer Children's Hospital, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois