Atlas of Clinical Sleep Medicine, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Accurately diagnose and treat adult and pediatric sleep disorders with exceptional visual guidance from world-renowned sleep expert Dr. Meir H. Kryger. Atlas of Clinical Sleep Medicine is an easy-to-read, highly illustrated atlas that details the physiologic, clinical, morphologic, and investigational aspects of the full range of sleep disorders you encounter in everyday practice -- and helps you interpret the visual manifestations of your patients’ sleep disorders so you can manage them most effectively.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay current with the latest on sleep and psychiatric disease, circadian desynchrony, dreaming, insomnia, home sleep testing, new sleep apnea treatments, and more.
- Understand the correlation between sleep and other health issues - such as stroke and heart failure.
- Find diagnostic and treatment information quickly and easily thanks to a highly illustrated, easy-to-read format that highlights key details.
- Access the fully searchable text as well as all of the book’s illustrations, more than 20 patient interview videos, over 40 sleep lab videos, and 200-plus polysomnogram fragments at Expert Consult.
- Visually grasp how sleep affects each body system thanks to a full-color compendium that correlates the physiology of sleep with the relevant findings.
- Determine the best and most up-to-date drug therapy with information about the latest drugs available as well as those in clinical trials.
- Compare your patients’ polysomnograms to a wealth of high-quality recordings taken from the latest machines used by institutions around the world.
- Score, interpret, and diagnose sleep disorders employing the scoring rules from the latest AASM scoring manual.
By Meir H. Kryger, MD, Professor of Medicine, Yale School of Medicine, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut