Rheumatology, 2-Volume Set, 6th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Stay current in the ever-changing discipline of rheumatology with clear, reliable guidance from Hochberg’s Rheumatology, one of the most respected and trusted sources in the field. Designed to meet the needs of the practicing clinician, this medical reference book provides extensive, authoritative coverage of rheumatic diseases from basic scientific principles to practical points of clinical management in a lucid, logical, user-friendly manner.
"My lasting impression of this book was the very same as the first time I opened these two lavish volumes and that was - wow! This two volume set is a spectacular and seemingly comprehensive review of rheumatology."
Reviewed by: Dr Harry Brown Date: Jan 2015
Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Remain up to date on the latest information in rheumatology through 13 brand-new chapters covering biomedical and translation science, disease and outcome assessment, new imaging modalities, early emerging disease, clinical therapeutics, patient management, and rehabilitation.
- Take advantage of expanded coverage of small molecule treatment, biologics, biomarkers, epigenetics, biosimilars, and cell-based therapies.
- Focus on the core knowledge needed for successful results with each chapter co-authored by an internationally-renowned specialist in the field.
- Easily find the information you need thanks to a consistent, user-friendly format with templated content and large-scale images.
- Access the full text online at Expert Consult.
- Track disease progression and treat patients more effectively with the information on genetic findings, imaging outcomes, cell and biologic therapies, rheumatoid arthritis, and SLE.
- Incorporate recent findings about pathogenesis of disease; imaging outcomes for specific diseases like RA, osteoarthritis, and spondyloarthropathies; cell and biologic therapies; and other timely topics.
REVIEW OF THE LAST EDITION
" The fourth edition of Rheumatology is the most comprehensive authoritative rheumatology text designed to meet the complete needs of all practicing and academic rheumatologists as well as arthritis-related health care professionals and scientists interested in disorders of the musculoskeletal system. The edition is firmly grounded on modern science, integrating the relevant basic biology with current clinical practice, easily accessible, user-friendly and a beautifully illustrated color publication." - Rheumatology
"My lasting impression of this book was the very same as the first time I opened these two lavish volumes and that was - wow! This two volume set is a spectacular and seemingly comprehensive review of rheumatology.
It is expertly edited and seamlessly put together. There is plenty of good basic and interesting yet relevant science here as well as a seemingly comprehensive review of the clinical aspects of rheumatology. I would suspect this is the nearest you would get to an encyclopaedia of rheumatology."
Reviewed by: Dr Harry Brown, Date: Jan 2015
By Marc C. Hochberg, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology and Preventative Medicine; Head, Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA ; Alan J. Silman, MD, ARC Professor of Rheumatic Disease Epidemiology, Director, ARC Epidemiology Research Unit, University of Manchester, UK; Josef S. Smolen, MD, Professor of Medicine, Chairman, Department of Internal Medicine III, Division of Rheumatology, Medical University of Vienna; Chairman, Second Department of Medicine, Center for Rheumatic Diseases, Hietzing Hospital, Vienna, Austria ; Michael E. Weinblatt, MD, John R. and Eileen K. Riedman Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA and Michael H. Weisman, MD, Chief, Division of Rheumatology, Professor of Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine and UCLA, Los Angeles, California, UA