Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 6th Edition
Find out why this is the #1 NCLEX-RN® review bookTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Updated for the 2010 NCLEX-RN test plan! There is a reason Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination has been called "the best NCLEX exam review book ever." You’ll find everything you need to review for the NCLEX exam under one cover – complete content review and more than 4,500 NCLEX examination-style questions in the book and on the free companion CD! Don't make the mistake of assuming the quality of the questions is the same in all NCLEX exam review books, because only Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination includes the kind of questions that consistently test the critical thinking skills necessary to pass today's NCLEX exam. And, what's even better is that ALL answers include detailed rationales to help you learn from your answer choices, as well as test-taking strategies that provide tips for how to best approach each question. It's easy to see why Saunders is THE book of choice for NCLEX examination review. But don’t just take our word for it – read any customer review or ask your classmates to see why Saunders users believe that there's nothing else like it!
"From pediatrics to geriatrics, the one constant in my test prep was always my Saunders, and it also helped me pass the 'dreaded' NCLEX the first time." - Brett L., RN
"This book made many complex topics clear, concise, and easy to understand. The practice questions were also great and the best study tool I had when it came to studying for the boards. I know this book played a key role when it came to passing the NCLEX the first time around." - Erika R., RN
"This book helped me get through every exam during nursing school. I used the practice questions to help me prepare for course exams, computerized exams at the end of each semester, and the NCLEX-RN! I don't know what I would've done without it!" - Angela S., RN, Elsevier Study Ambassador
- UNIQUE! A detailed test-taking strategy and rationale is included for each question, offering clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option, and guiding you to remediation in Saunders Strategies for Test Success: Passing Nursing School and the NCLEX® Exam and Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Exam.
- UNIQUE! Priority Nursing Action boxes list actions for clinical emergent situations requiring immediate action, including a detailed rationale and textbook reference.
- All alternate item-format questions are included, with multiple response, prioritizing, fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration, chart/exhibit, video, and audio questions to provide practice with prioritizing, decision-making, and critical thinking skills.
- UNIQUE! Pyramid Alert! boxes spotlight important nursing concepts and procedures, and include tips and shortcuts for remembering key information.
- Exam preparation chapters include test-taking strategies, the CAT format, transitional issues for the foreign-educated nurse, and the NCLEX-RN exam from a new graduate's perspective.
- A comprehensive exam consists of 85 questions that cover all content areas in the book and mirror the percentages identified in the NCLEX-RN examination test plan.
- Completely updated content is based on the new NCLEX-RN examination test plan, effective April 2010.
- A total of 4,500 questions ensure that you're thoroughly prepared for the content covered on the NCLEX-RN Exam.
- New chapter on physical assessment highlights the key components of physical examination and health history often encountered on the NCLEX exam.
- Audio and video questions on the companion CD provide experience with these new types of questions before the exam.
- Unique! Audio review summaries included on the CD cover the three core areas of pharmacology, fluids and electrolytes, and acid-base balance.
- Expanded coverage of prioritization, delegation, and nursing leadership and management provides critical information for these growing areas of nursing.
- Unique! Priority Nursing Actions boxes outline and explain clinical emergent situations requiring immediate action, including detailed rationales and textbook references to help strengthen your prioritizing skills in clinical and testing situations.
- Pyramid Alert boxes highlight important nursing concepts to help you focus on the content that is most frequently tested on the NCLEX examination.
- Automatic software updates on CD make it easy to check for changes and updates throughout the life of the edition.
By Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Charlestown, RI