Saunders 2014-2015 Strategies for Test Success - E-Book, 3rd Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. An essential resource for any nursing student, this invaluable guide gives you the tools you need to overcome text anxiety and develop effective study habits. Key topics include time management, critical thinking, and problem solving, with tips to help you tackle any nursing test - from a routine quiz to the NCLEX® examination. You'll learn how to confidently evaluate and identify the correct answer for a variety of test question types, including alternate item formats, with chapters on the nursing process, prioritization methods, and safety strategies.
New to This Edition
- Refocused content emphasizes comprehensive test preparation to help you develop, refine, and apply the reasoning skills you need to succeed throughout nursing school and on the NCLEX® examination.
- A new chapter on reducing test anxiety offers simple strategies you can use to control test-induced stress and gain the confidence you need to pass exams.
- A new chapter on developing a structured study plan provides helpful tips for improving time management for more efficient exam preparation.
- Coverage of detailed critical thinking methods offer valuable clues to help you analyze and uncover the correct answer option for all question types, including multiple-choice, true-or-false, and alternate item-format questions
- Chapters on specific question content, such as prioritization, pharmacology, management, and delegation, provide numerous examples to prepare you for higher cognitive level questions
- A fun, two-color design features cartoons and bold designs to help visual learners become better overall test-takers.
- Linda Silvestri's hallmark Pyramid Points in the margins highlight the most important concepts you need to learn for exam success.
By Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Charlestown, RI and Angela Silvestri, MSN, RN