Study Guide for Understanding Nursing Research, 6th Edition
Building an Evidence-Based Practice
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
NOT YET PUBLISHED
Get a better understanding of the research process and learn how to appraise and apply your findings to the clinical setting with the Study Guide for Understanding Nursing Research, 6th Edition. This new edition incorporates an expanded focus on evidence-based practice, Web-Based Activities and three published research studies referenced throughout the book. This study guide walks you through each chapter in the textbook to reinforce your understanding of important concepts.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Increased emphasis on evidence-based practice corresponding to the EBP emphasis in the text to help students who are new to nursing research understand the research process and apply it to evidence-based nursing practice.
- NEW! Increased high-value learning activities have been incorporated throughout the study guide.
- NEW! Web-Based Activities are now included in each chapter to reinforce using the Internet appropriately for scholarly research and evidence-based practice.
- NEW! Updated full-text articles ensure that the examples provided reflect the most current, high-quality studies that are meaningful today.
- NEW! Quick-reference printed tabs have been added to differentiate the answer key and each of the book's three published studies appendices (four tabs total) for improved navigation and usability.
- Hands-on practice with three published studies includes three full-text published studies that are referenced throughout the Study Guide.
- Time-tested and innovative exercises include brief Introductions, Key Terms exercises, Key Ideas exercises, Making Connections exercises, Exercises in Critical Appraisal, and Going Beyond exercises to promote in-depth learning for a variety of learning styles.
- Learning activities for each textbook chapter reinforce key concepts and guide you in application to evidence-based clinical practice.
- Answer key allows you to check your understanding and learn from mistakes (formative assessment).
By Susan K. Grove, PhD, RN, ANP-BC, GNP-BC, Professor, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Adult Nurse Practitioner, Family Practice, Grand Prairie, Texas; Jennifer R. Gray, PhD, RN, FAAN, George W. and Hazel M. Jay Professor, College of Nursing; Associate Dean and Chair, Department of MSN Administration, Education, and PhD Programs, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas and Nancy Burns, PhD, RN, FCN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Faith Community Nurse, St. Matthew Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Burleson, Texas