Statistics for Nursing Research, 2nd Edition
A Workbook for Evidence-Based Practice
Not Yet Published
Understand the statistical methods used in nursing research articles! Statistics for Nursing Research: A Workbook for Evidence-Based Practice, 2nd Edition helps you interpret and analyze the statistical data found in health sciences research articles. Practical exercises show how to critically appraise sampling and measurement techniques, evaluate results, and conduct a power analysis for a study. Written by nursing statistics experts Susan Grove and Daisha Cipher, this is the only statistics workbook for nursing to include research examples from both nursing and medical literature for a complete perspective on health sciences research.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW examples show the latest, high-quality research studies.
- NEW! Expanded coverage helps undergraduate students apply the information learned in statistics and research courses, serves as a refresher/review for graduate students, and also helps in critically appraising studies to determine whether their findings may be used in evidence-based practice.
- NEW! Understanding Statistical Methods section includes exercises to help in understanding the levels of measurement (nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio) and in appraising the samples and measurement methods in studies.
- NEW! Conducting and Interpreting Statistical Analyses section includes exercises to help in understanding the power analysis and how to conduct a power analysis for a study, showing how to determine the most appropriate statistical method(s) for analyzing data for a class project, for a clinical agency project, or for an actual research study.
- NEW! Answers to study questions are located in the back of the book.
- Comprehensive coverage includes exercises that address all common techniques of sampling, measurement, and statistical analysis that you are likely to see in nursing and medical literature.
- A literature-based approach incorporates a relevant research article into each exercise/chapter, with key excerpts.
- 45 sampling, measurement, and statistical analysis exercises provide a practical review of both basic and advanced techniques, and prepare you to apply statistics to nursing practice.
- Consistent format for all chapters facilitates quick review and easier learning, covering the statistical technique in review, results from a research article, and study questions.
- Study questions in each chapter help you apply concepts to clinical practice.
- Questions to Be Graded in each chapter may be completed and submitted online, to assess your mastery of key statistical techniques.
- A concise index makes it easy to locate information quickly.
By Susan K. Grove, PhD, RN, ANP-BC, GNP-BC, Professor, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Adult Nurse Practitioner, Family Practice, Grand Prairie, Texas and Daisha J. Cipher, PhD, Assistant to the Dean for Biostatistics and Research, Clinical Associate Professor, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas