Problem Solving in Cardiovascular Imaging
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Optimize diagnostic accuracy with Cardiovascular Imaging, a title in the popular Problem Solving in Radiology series. Drs. Suhny Abbara and Sanjeeva Kalva use a problem-based approach to help you make optimal use of the latest cardiovascular imaging techniques and achieve confident diagnoses.Table of Contents
- Make the most effective use of today's imaging techniques , including PET and SPECT.
- Perform effective interventions using the newest grafts, stents, and coils.
- See conditions as they appear in practice with more than 2,350 images detailing anatomy, normal anatomic variants, and pathology.
- Make optimal clinical choices and avoid complications with expert protocols and tricks of the trade.
- Avoid common problems that can lead to an incorrect diagnosis. Tables and boxes with tips, pitfalls, and other teaching points show you what to look for, while problem-solving advice helps you make sound clinical decisions.
- Quickly find the information you need thanks to a well-organized, user-friendly format with consistent headings, detailed illustrations, and at-a-glance tables.
- Access the entire text and illustrations online at www.expertconsult.com.
"The attractiveness of this concept is that it approaches the concerns that many medical practitioners have as they move through their everyday practice and it makes it easy for practitioners to utilise the book as questions occur as their work evolves...The great stength of this book is that it contains a wide breath of material in an extremely accessible, problem-orientated manner that can be rapidly accessed...It allows the reader to rapidly become an expert in a small area that he or she may be concerned about and the style of the chapters effectively accentuates the key points in each area...Overall, therefore, an excellent comprehensive text presented in a way that allows the reader easy access to important bits of information without getting bogged down or imtimidated by the size of the whole textbook itself. This will make an excellent addition to any imaging library and would be a first-rate companion next to the reporting workstation."
RAD, June 2013
"This is an excellent review of the use of various imaging modalities in the diagnosis, evaluation, and management of cardiovascular diseases, and a discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of each of them for the various clinical conditions. The quality of the images is excellent." Bennett Greenspan, MD, MS (Medical College of Georgia) 5 star Doody Rating!
By Suhny Abbara, MD, Assistant Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School; Director Cardiovascular Imaging Section, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA and Sanjeeva P Kalva, MD, Assistant Professor of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusettes