Practical Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This book provides a guide for those wishing to obtain an understanding of ultrasound techniques, their major applications and their role in patient diagnosis and management. Offering essential guidance on how to conduct an ultrasound examination, how best to obtain optimal images, and on how best to interpret the information gained, Practical Musculoskeletal Ultrasound is a practical resource for clinicians involved in the diagnosis and management of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Throughout the book the authors display an awareness of what does and what doesn't work, what is or isn't useful, and an appreciation of the role of ultrasound in relation to other imaging techniques.Table of Contents
- Presents an accessible overview of all clinically useful applications of musculoskeletal ultrasound with the basic principles, techniques and interpretation of ultrasound imaging of the musculoskeletal system.
- Directs the clinician to a quick, accurate and cost-effective method of assessment through a focus on those areas where musculoskeletal ultrasound has the most clinical impact.
- Balances the advantages of ms ultrasound (superficial soft-tissue injury) with its limitations (deep or intra-articular structures)
- Provides anatomic/sonographic correlation throughout, helping the clinician/sonographer obtain the optimal field of view.
- Uses color Doppler and color power Doppler throughout for state of the art applications and modalities.
By Eugene McNally, MD, Consultant Radiologist, Department of Radiology, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford , UK