Essentials of Nuclear Medicine Imaging, 6th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Essentials of Nuclear Medicine Imaging, by Drs. Fred A Mettler and Milton J Guiberteau, provides the practical and comprehensive guidance you need to master key nuclear imaging techniques. From physics, instrumentation, quality control, and legal requirements to hot topics such as sodium fluoride, radiopharmaceuticals, and recommended pediatric administered doses and guidelines, this sixth edition covers the fundamentals and recent developments in the practice of nuclear medicine. This excellent resource in nuclear medicine also features access to the full text online at www.expertconsult.com, high-quality images, and unknown case sets for self assessment.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Apply the latest best practices thanks to extensive updates of clinical guidelines that reflect recent changes in the practice of nuclear medicine, including the use of sodium fluoride (F-18 FDG for infections and Na F-18 for skeletal imaging), suggested radiopharmaceuticals for imaging various types of tumors, and imaging procedures and new classification schemes for pulmonary embolism.
- Effectively use PET/CT in imaging neoplasms with coverage of the most current indications.
- Manage radition safety concerns using quality control procedures for hybrid imaging equipment, patient and radiation safety checklists for I-131 therapy for hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer, and recommended pediatric administered doses and guidelines.
- Get a clear view of the current state of imaging from high-quality images - 35% new to this edition.
- Get comprehensive coverage of key techniques such as PET/CT, cardiac-gated SPECT, and tumor-specific radionuclides, as well as Cerebrovascular System, Cardiovascular System, Conventional Neoplasm Imaging and Radioimmunotherapy, and Positron Emission Tomography Imaging.
- Reference practical clinical guidance at a glance from important "Pearls and Pitfalls" in each chapter and. helpful appendices including Injection Techniques, Pediatric Dosages, Non-radioactive Pharmaceuticals, and many more
- Assess your understanding with a section of Unknown Case Sets-expanded in this edition.
- Find information quickly and easily with a full-color format.
"Well organized, understandable, and a quick read, this text is an excellent resource... The book is very affordable, especially considering its value in everyday practice."
- Radiology - October 2007
"The current edition has been updated to include hybrid imaging using SPECT/CT and PET/CT. The text covers a full range of nuclear medicine related subject; including instrumentation, radiopharmaceuticals, clinical applications and safety. The updating has brought the text to cutting edge regarding tthe range of clinical proceduresand also includes aspects of radiotherapy in nuclear medicine...the text is lavishly illustrated with a large number of clinical images showing a range of pathologies. Also included are very useful summary tables and 'Pearls and Pitfalls' sections that provide practical advice for different imaging techniques...Overall this is an excellent book with a wide range of coverage that would be of use to clinicians and radiographers/ technologists working in nuclear medicine. I t would be suitable as a reference both for masters level and for final year undergraduates. It would also be of use for anyone studying nuclear medicine at registar level."
Radiology, Oct 2012
"The cases presented were very interesting an d illustrations were of the highest quality. I appreciated the 'pearls and pitfalls' section at the end of each chapter, which were clearly presented and formed good summaries of the key points of each chapter... So, on the final could I invest £83.99, a definite and resounding yes, if I wanted an excellent written book which will provide a clear and broad review of the essentials of clinical nuclear medicine..."
RAD, November 2012
"This is a high-quality introductory book in nuclear medicine that is comprehensive enough to serve as a reference for practitioners, without being too long or too detailed. This book includes revisions that reflect the significant advances in the field in the last six years."- Bennett Greenspan, MD, MS (Medical College of Georgia) 5 star Doody Rating!
By Fred A. Mettler, Jr., MD, MPH, Chief, Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, New Mexico Veterans Health Care System, Albuquerque, NM and Milton J. Guiberteau, MD, Professor of Clinical Radiology, University of Texas Medical School at Houston; Chairman, Department of Radiology, St. Joseph's Hospital, Houston, TX