Clinical Ultrasound, 2-Volume Set, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult: Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Clinical Ultrasound has been thoroughly revised and updated by a brand new editorial team in order to incorporate the latest scanning technologies and their clinical applications in both adult and paediatric patients. With over 4,000 high-quality illustrations, the book covers the entire gamut of organ systems and body parts where this modality is useful. It provides the ultrasound practitioner with a comprehensive, authoritative guide to image diagnosis and interpretation. Colour is now incorporated extensively throughout this edition in order to reflect the advances in clinical Doppler, power Doppler, contrast agents. Each chapter now follows a consistent organizational structure and now contains numerous summary boxes and charts in order to make the diagnostic process practical and easy to follow. Covering all of the core knowledge, skills and experience as recommended by the Royal College of Radiologists, it provides the Fellow with a knowledge base sufficient to pass professional certification examinations and provides the practitioner with a quick reference on all currently available diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound imaging procedures.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Three brand new editors and many new contributing authors bring a fresh perspective on the content.
- Authoritative coverage of the most recent advances and latest developments in cutting edge technologies such as: colour Doppler, power Doppler, 3D and 4D applications, harmonic imaging, high intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) microbubble contrast agents, interventional ultrasound , laparoscopic ultrasound brings this edition right up to date in terms of the changes in technology and the increasing capabilities/applications of ultrasound equipment.
- New sections on musculoskeletal imaging.
- Addition of coloured text, tables, and charts throughout will facilitate quick review and enhance comprehension.
- Individual chapters organized around common template therefore establishing a consistent diagnostic approach throughout the text and making the information easier to retrieve.
- Access the full text online and download images via Expert Consult.
"Highly Commended," Radiology Category, British Medical Association 2012 Medical Book Competition
"All sections have been completely revised and brought up to date with extensive lists of references. Furthermore, there has been a determined effort to place the role of ultrasound in context with other radiological modalities such as computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging.Undoubtedly [...] the standard reference work for all who use ultrasound in their clinical practice." - Ultrasound (The Journal of the British Medical Ultrasound Society), Aug 2011
"All the chapters are comprehensively referenced and high qualilty images are included. The text is often complemented by diagrams and tables, making it an excellent referenece volume." - RAD, December 2011
By Paul L. Allan, BSc, DMRD, FRCR, FRCPE, Consultant Radiologist and Clinical Director of Radiology, Department of Medical Radiology, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK; Grant M. Baxter, MBChB, FRCR, Consultant Radiologist, Western Infirmary, Glasgow; Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Glasgow, UK and Michael J. Weston, MBChB, MRCP, FRCR, Consultant Radiologist, St. James's University Hospital, Leeds, UK