This book may take up to 5 business days to ship
This title in the popular Pearls Series focuses on electrodiagnostic studies of neuromuscular diseases. EMGs and their interpretation are a major component of the specialty of physical medicine and rehab physicians, and they are important to neurologists and electromyographers. For each case, patient information is presented, the EMG findings are discussed, and the reader is asked to make a diagnosis based on these findings. The next page reveals the diagnosis, discussed the case and the medical condition in question, and then presents 3-4 pearls of practice distilled from the case.Table of Contents
- Pearls books feature real patient cases, providing information not found in standard texts
- Each case follows the same format for clarity and ease of presentation
- Provides information about the specific patient as well overall information on each disorder discussed.
- The text is interactive as the reader is asked make a diagnosis based on the case information presented
- Illustrations are provided for most of the cases
- Three or four "pearls of practice" are distilled for each case.
By Steven A. Greenberg, MD, Assistant Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts; and Anthony A. Amato, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Chief, Neuromuscular Division, Director, Clinical Neurophysiology, Laboratory, Vice-Chairman, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Associate Neurologist and Neuromuscular Consultant, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts