Physiology Secrets, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Limited Stock - Order Soon
Physiology Secrets, 2nd Edition is a good balance of basic physiology and clinical applications with comprehensive coverage of physiology. As basic science courses are increasingly becoming problem-based, with an emphasis on clinical applications of basic science principles, the Secrets approach is ideally suited to present this kind of information. In its basic Q & A format, this approach is also especially well suited to focusing on the key information in each area of what can be a difficult subject of study.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapters include Cell Signaling, Physiology of Bone, Endocrine-Metabolic Integration, Endocrine-Immune Interactions, and Physiology of Aging
- Raff has become an increasingly major name in Physiology and is now on the author team of the Vander Physiology text from McGraw-Hill (competitor to Guyton and Hall)
- All chapters have been updated and expanded, with special focus on strengthening and expanding the Cardiovascular chapter.
- Concise answers with valuable pearls, tips, memory aids, and "secrets"
- Includes multiple choice "Final Exam" Q&A
- Raff now editor of leading undergrad physiology book, Vander's Physiology. Will have increased name recognition.
By Hershel Raff, PhD, Professor, Department of Medicine, Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin; Director, Endocrine Research Laboratory, St. Luke's Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin