Physiology Secrets, 2nd Edition
This book may take up to 5 business days to ship
Physiology Secrets, 2nd Edition is a good balance of basic physiology and clinical applications with comprehensive coverage of physiology. As basic science courses are increasingly becoming problem-based, with an emphasis on clinical applications of basic science principles, the Secrets approach is ideally suited to present this kind of information. In its basic Q & A format, this approach is also especially well suited to focusing on the key information in each area of what can be a difficult subject of study.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapters include Cell Signaling, Physiology of Bone, Endocrine-Metabolic Integration, Endocrine-Immune Interactions, and Physiology of Aging
- Raff has become an increasingly major name in Physiology and is now on the author team of the Vander Physiology text from McGraw-Hill (competitor to Guyton and Hall)
- All chapters have been updated and expanded, with special focus on strengthening and expanding the Cardiovascular chapter.
- Concise answers with valuable pearls, tips, memory aids, and "secrets"
- Includes multiple choice "Final Exam" Q&A
- Raff now editor of leading undergrad physiology book, Vander's Physiology. Will have increased name recognition.
By Hershel Raff, PhD, Professor, Department of Medicine, Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin; Director, Endocrine Research Laboratory, St. Luke's Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin