The Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Illustrated Manual of Ophthalmology , 4th Edition
NOT YET PUBLISHED
The Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Illustrated Manual of Ophthalmology is the must-have medical reference book for the ever-changing field of ophthalmology. Thoroughly updated to include the latest advances in the field, the fourth edition of this renowned manual features high-quality color images and an intuitive design for easy comprehension and reference. Ideal for ophthalmic practitioners and allied health professionals alike, this indispensable resource is your comprehensive guide for the speedy diagnosis and treatment of the most common eye disorders.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Apply the latest knowledge and techniques in the diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease, including anti-VEGF therapy for retina disorders; optical coherence tomography and high-resolution imaging modalities; new corneal and refractive surgical approaches; advances in uveitis, glaucoma, neuro-ophthalmology; and more.
- Stay abreast of the most recent spectral domain OCT with numerous scans included throughout the book.
- Quickly address critical situations with highlighted emergency management boxes, as well as bonus appendices that provide a wealth of supplemental information helpful for the non-specialist, including guidance on the basics in examination methods, differential diagnosis, common medications, measurements and more.
- Identify subtleties and nuances by examining over 800 full-color illustrations depicting a complete range of clinical disorders, imaging and testing methods, and surgical techniques, as well as brand-new videos of eye movement examination.
- Access the full text and videos online at Expert Consult.
- Accurately diagnose problems through the support of full-color photographs and real case studies.
- Rapidly locate key information with a highly templated format that includes chapters organized anatomically, not by ophthalmic subspecialty, in addition to key boxes and highlighted emergency management boxes.
"An outstanding reference book for any primary care clinician… a very handy reference in the ED… an excellent reference book for medical students and Ophthalmology residents."- Journal of Emergency Medicine, Review of the Second Edition
By Peter K. Kaiser, MD, Director, Digital OCT Reading Center, Staff, Vitreoretinal Section, Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
; Neil J. Friedman, MD, Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA; Private Practice, Mid-Peninsula Ophthalmology Medical Group, Palo Alto, CA and Roberto Pineda II, II, MD, Department of Ophthalmology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical school, Boston, MA