Core Curriculum for Oncology Nursing, 5th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
NOT YET PUBLISHED
There’s no other OCN® Exam review resource like it! The Core Curriculum for Oncology Nursing, 5th Edition is the only review book for the OCN Examination developed in collaboration with Oncology Nursing Society (ONS). Based on the latest test blueprint for the OCN Exam, this book covers the entire scope of practice for oncology nursing - in an outline format that emphasizes important information and streamlines your review. Edited by Joanne Itano, a certified oncology nurse, The Core Curriculum is recognized as the definitive review tool for the OCN exam. Whether you’re preparing for your initial OCN certification or getting recertified, you cannot do without this resource!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Updates on cancer treatment and related nursing care include the most current and accurate information, preparing you for exams and for clinical practice.
- NEW! Emphasis on QSEN competencies is designed to reduce errors in oncology nursing practice with a focus on safety and evidence-based practice, including a Safety Alert icon and a High-Alert Medications icon for cancer chemotherapy drugs.
- NEW! Coverage of application of the nursing process is streamlined to emphasize collaborative problems, goal setting, interventions, and evaluation.
NEW! Revised and updated content reflects the latest OCN® Examination test blueprint.
- Definitive preparation guide for the OCN® Examination is developed in collaboration with, and endorsed by, the Oncology Nursing Society, the parent organization of the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC), which administers the OCN Examination.
- Coverage of the entire scope of oncology care includes quality of life, protective mechanisms, gastrointestinal and urinary function, cardiopulmonary function, oncologic emergencies, the scientific basis for practice, health promotion, and professional performance.
- Nearly 60 colorful illustrations and more than 150 summary tables explain complex concepts in oncology nursing, including up-to-date cancer staging information.
- Coverage of pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic interventions includes both traditional and alternative therapies.
- Outline format provides a quick-reference review that begins with theory and continues through the steps of the nursing process.
By ONS; Joanne K. Itano, PhD, RN, APRN, Associate Vice President, Academic Affairs; Associate Professor of Nursing, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii; Jeannine Brant, PhD, APRN, AOCN, Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist and Nurse Scientist, Billings Clinic, Billings, Montana
; Francisco Conde, Francisco A. Conde, PhD, AOCNS®, FAAN
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
Queen’s Medical Center
and Marlon Saria, Marlon Garzo Saria, MSN, RN, AOCNS
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Moores Cancer Center
University of California San Diego
La Jolla, California