Dental Materials, 3rd Edition
Clinical Applications for Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists
Not Yet Published
With Dental Materials: Clinical Applications for Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists, 3rd Edition, you will learn the most current methods of placing - or assisting in the placement - of dental materials, and how to instruct patients in their maintenance. Easy-to-follow, step-by-step procedures show how to mix, use, and apply dental materials within the context of the patient’s course of treatment. The multidisciplinary author team enhances this edition with new chapters on preventive and desensitizing materials, tooth whitening, and preventive and corrective oral appliances, with new clinical photos throughout. An Evolve website provides new chapter quizzes for classroom and board exam preparation!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Chapters on preventive and desensitizing materials, tooth whitening, and preventive and corrective oral appliances expand and reorganize this material to keep pace with dynamic areas.
- NEW! Cutting-edge content reflects the latest advances in areas such as nano-glass ionomer cements, dental implants, and fluoride varnishes.
- NEW! Clinical photographs throughout (more than 550 total) show dental materials being used and applied.
- NEW online quizzes provide even more practice for test-taking confidence, and include rationales and page references for remediation.
- An emphasis on application shows how dental materials are used in day-to-day clinical practice.
- Step-by-step procedure boxes list detailed equipment/supplies and instructions on how to perform more than 30 key procedures, with icons indicating specific guidelines or precautions.
- Chapter review questions help you assess your understanding of the content and prepare for classroom and board examinations.
- Clinical tips and precautions are provided in summary boxes, focusing on the Do’s and Don’ts in clinical practice and patient care.
- Case-based discussions include scenarios that apply dental materials content to daily practice, encourage critical thinking, and reinforce proper patient education.
- An Evolve companion website offers practice quizzes, interactive exercises, competency skill worksheets, and vocabulary practice.
By Carol Dixon Hatrick, CDA, RDA, RDH, MS, Lead Instructor, First Year Dental Hydiene, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA and W. Stephan Eakle, DDS, FADM, Professor, Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA