Nelson Essentials of Pediatrics, 7th Edition
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
NOT YET PUBLISHED
Considered the resource of choice for pediatric residencies, clerkships, and exams, Nelson Essentials of Pediatrics provides comprehensive, yet concise and accessible guidance on normal childhood growth and development, as well as the diagnosis, management, and prevention of common pediatric diseases and disorders. Edited by Drs. Karen Marcdante, Robert M. Kliegman, Hal B. Jenson, and Richard E. Behrman, this edition's content was specifically developed in accordance with the 2009 curriculum guidelines of the Council on Medical Student Education in Pediatrics. It also includes many new and improved clinical photographs and images for enhanced visual reference. A user-friendly full-color format and online access via Student Consult facilitate study and expedite reference.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Content developed in accordance with 2009 COMSEP curriculum guidelines, and written and edited by leaders in pediatrics education, focuses on the core knowledge needed for a pediatric clerkship or rotation.
- A wealth of new images captures the clinical manifestations and imaging findings associated with Kawasaki disease, lupus, lymphoma, stroke, and many other disorders seen in children.
- Concise text, a full-color design, high-yield tables, and numerous images provide an effective overview of pediatrics.
- Online access via Student Consult lets you study in more versatile, flexible ways and enhances your understanding with extra content and features.
- Edited by the same authorities responsible for the Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, the most used and recognizable clinical reference in pediatrics.
By Karen Marcdante, MD, Professor and Vice-Chair Education - Pediatrics, Associate Dean of Curriculum, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI and Robert M. Kliegman, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI