Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Part of the popular LPN Threads series, this market-leading text features an easy-to-follow writing style and organization to teach you the concepts and skills you need to know to practice nursing in a variety of care settings. This new edition offers in-depth discussion of QSEN competencies, rationales for the NCLEX-PN review questions, and new icons to point out the most current evidence-based information.
.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Rationales for NCLEX review questions at the end of each chapter help you understand why your choices were correct or incorrect.
- NEW! Full text reviews by experts in the field offer consistency and ease understanding as you progress through the book.
- NEW! Evolve margin icons denote supplemental material for students on Evolve.
- NEW! Evidence Based Practice margin icons point out the most current and evidence based information.
- NEW! In depth discussion of the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) within the text provides the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to continuously improve the quality and safety of the healthcare systems.
- Standard LPN Threads features include helpful characteristics such as full-color design, key terms, numbered objectives, key points, critical thinking questions, critical thinking activities, glossary, and references.
- Easy-to-follow reading level and text organization presents information from simple to most complex.
- Think Critically boxes help you synthesize information and apply concepts beyond the scope of the chapter.
- Cultural Considerations related to biocultural variations as well as health promotion for specific ethnic groups demonstrate how to provide culturally competent care.
- Elder Care Points highlight changes that occur with aging and how they affect nursing care.
- Home Care boxes highlight the necessary adaptations of nursing skills and techniques for the patient in the home care setting.
By Susan C. deWit, MSN, RN, CNS, PHN, Formerly, Instructor of Nursing, El Centro College, Dallas, TX; and Allan Hancock College, Santa Maria, CA and Patricia A. O'Neill, RN, MSN, CCRN, Nursing Instructor, DeAnza College, Cupertino, CA