Respiratory Care Exam Review, 4th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
NOT YET PUBLISHED
Prepare yourself for the new 2015 NBRC credentialing examination with the most up-to-date review resource! Respiratory Care Exam Review, 4th Edition contains everything you need to review and prepare for the new Therapist Multiple-Choice Examination that closely aligns with the NBRC’s new testing format, including more analysis-type questions. The accompanying Evolve website offers even more review with a practice Therapist Multiple-Choice Exam to familiarize yourself with the computerized exam format. Twenty clinical simulations that reflect the new quantity of simulations on the actual Clinical Simulation Exam (CSE) are also included on the companion website for additional practice on this very difficult portion of the Registry exam.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! One Therapist Multiple Choice Exam (TM-CE) practice test aligns with the new 2015 NBRC written exam.
- NEW! Revised resources on Evolve companion site include the following new features:
- HTML5 formatting for greater flexibility among platforms
- 9 additional clinical simulations (for a total of 20) with shortened sections to align with the new 2015 NBRC Clinical Simulation Exam (in both study mode and exam mode)
- One Therapist Multiple Choice Exam (TM-CE) practice exam for both levels of credentialing to closely align with the new testing format
- Equation tips providing special hints or instructions for common equations
- Standard normal range guide featuring standard values of various parameters used in respiratory care assessment.
- NEW! Additional analysis-type questions have been added to the Pre- and Post-Chapter study questions to align with the changes in the matrix content outlines.
- Rationales are provided on the Evolve companion site for every question in the practice exam along with the NBRC code for the difficulty level of the question (recall, application, analysis).
- UNIQUE! Exam notes are highlighted in special boxes to help you streamline your time better by identifying content specific to the credentialing exam.
- A practice exam reflecting the new TM-CE is included in the back of the text with the answer key and rationales provided on Evolve.
- Pre-tests with several multiple-choice questions are formatted like those found on the NBRC TM-CE and begin each chapter to help you determine a base of knowledge and content areas of strength and weakness before studying the chapter.
- Computerized practice exam on the Evolve companion site available in both study (untimed) and exam (timed) modes to provide an additional opportunity to practice and experience the actual NBRC testing environment in a computerized format.
- Experienced and test-savvy author, Gary Persing, ensures that critical NBRC TM-CE content is covered thoroughly and accurately.
- Comprehensive, yet straightforward outline format correlates with the updated 2015 NBRC Detailed Content Outline and exam matrix to keep content current.
- Open-ended post-chapter study questions end each chapter to reinforce information and help you retain the material.
UNIQUE! Clinical simulations on the Evolve companion site reflect the new quantity of simulations (20) and the newly revised length of these simulations on the actual 2015 Clinical Simulation Exam (CSE).
By Gary Persing, BS, RRT, Program Director, Respiratory Therapy Program, Tulsa Community College, Tulsa, OK