Oral Pathology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Covering pathologic conditions by clinical appearance, Oral Pathology: Clinical Pathologic Correlations, 6th Edition uses an atlas-style format to help you identify, diagnose, and plan treatment for oral disease presentations. Two-page spreads include clinical photos of common conditions on one side while the facing page lists the central features, causes, and significance of each specific disease. Each chapter is organized by clinical appearance, such as white lesions, red-blue lesions, and cysts of the jaws and neck, and includes full-color photomicrographs and clinical photos to help you identify pathologic elements. This edition adds new coverage of oral cancer and new cone beam CT, regular CT, and MRI images. Expert authors Joseph Regezi, James Sciubba, and Richard Jordan provide a quick reference thatÕs ideal for the lab, NBDE review, or chairside use!
New to This Edition
- Advanced imaging techniques include images such as CBCTs (cone beam computed tomography), regular CTs, and MRIs, reflecting the transition from a 2-dimensional to a 3-dimensional approach in acquiring data and reconstructing images, and helping you identify and assess disease entities -- especially tumors of the salivary glands, jaws, and soft tissues.
- Expanded sections on etiology, treatment, and diagnosis of oral cancer (HPV) describe how subtypes can play an important role in the development and natural history of some head and neck cancers, most notably those arising in the oropharynx.
- Expanded section on bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaws helps you effectively manage patients taking bisphosphonates to prevent bone loss, including information on oral complications, risk factors, and benefits.
- An atlas-style Clinical Overview section makes it easy to find key information, with one page showing clinical photos of common conditions and the facing page listing symptoms, causes, and significance.
- Organization by clinical appearance -- such as including all red-blue lesions in one chapter along with possible causes -- matches what you would expect to see upon a patient's presentation, and provides a practical tool for developing differential diagnoses and planning treatment.
- Hundreds of full-color clinical photographs and radiographs depict specific conditions for easier identification in real clinical scenarios.
- Full-color photomicrographs help you identify pathologic elements and provide correct diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Boxes and tables offer clear, at-a-glance information on the clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment for many conditions.
- Student resources on a companion Evolve website include 30 case studies, a 150-question practice exam, and case-based learning to prepare you for the NBDE and for clinical practice.
By Joseph A. Regezi, DDS, MS, Professor, Oral Pathology, University of California Division of Oral Pathology, San Francisco, CA; James J. Sciubba, DMD, PhD, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Baltimore, MD, USA and Richard C. K. Jordan, DDS, MSc, PhD, FRCD(C), FRCPATH, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA