Financial Management for Nurse Managers and Executives - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$105.00|
|Print - Paperback||$105.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Covering the financial topics all nurse managers need to know and use, this book explains how financial management fits into the healthcare organization. Topics include accounting principles, cost analysis, planning and control management of the organization's financial resources, and the use of management tools. In addition to current issues, this edition also addresses future directions in financial management.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Major revision of chapter 2 (The Health Care Environment), with additions on healthcare reform, initiatives to stop paying for hospital or provider errors, hospice payment, and funding for nursing education; plus updates of health care expenditure and pay for performance; provide a strong start to this new edition.
- NEW! Major revision of chapter 5 (Quality, Costs, and Financing), with updates to quality-financing, Magnet organizations, and access to care, provides the most up-to-date information possible.
- NEW! Reorganization and expansion of content in chapter 15 (Performance Budgeting) with updated examples better illustrates how performance budgeting could be used in a pay-for-performance environment.
- NEW! Major revision of the variance analysis discussion in chapter 16 (Controlling Operating Results) offers a different approach for computation of variances that is easier to understand.
- NEW! Addition of comparative effectiveness research to chapter 18 (Benchmarking, Productivity, and Cost Benefit and Cost Effectiveness Analysis) covers a recently developed approach informs health-care decisions by providing evidence on the effectiveness of different treatment options.
- NEW! Addition of nursing intensity weights, another approach for costing nursing services, to chapter 9 (Determining Health Care Costs and Prices), lets you make decisions about what method works best for you.
- Nursing-focused content thoroughly describes health care finance and accounting from the nurse manager's point of view.
- Numerous worksheets and tables including healthcare spreadsheets, budgets, and calculations illustrate numerous financial and accounting methods.
- Chapter opener features include learning objectives and an overview of chapter content to help you organize and summarize your notes.
- Key concepts definitions found at the end of each chapter help summarize your understanding of chapter content.
- Suggested Readings found at the end of each chapter give additional reading and research opportunities.
By Steven A. Finkler, PhD, CPA, Program in Health Policy and Management, Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, New York University, New York, NY; Cheryl Jones, RN, PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Nursing, Chapel Hill, NC; Steven A. Finkler, PhD, CPA, Program in Health Policy and Management, Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, New York University, New York, NY; Christine T. Kovner, PhD, RN, FAAN, Division of Nursing, School of Nursing, New York University, New York, NY; Christine T. Kovner, PhD, RN, FAAN, Division of Nursing, School of Nursing, New York University, New York, NY and Cheryl Jones, RN, PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Nursing, Chapel Hill, NC