Pocket Companion for Physical Examination and Health Assessment - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 6th Edition
New to This Edition
- Bedside Assessment of the Hospitalized Patient chapter outlines the pertinent assessment steps specific to this patient population.
- New abnormal findings photos help you recognize and distinguish between abnormal conditions.
- Additional new full-color examination technique photos clarify exam steps for eyes, nose, mouth, throat, thorax, heart, neck, peripheral vascular, and pediatric exams.
- Updated evidence-based practice guidelines throughout the guide reflect the most current research and assessment practices.
- Convenient, color-coded design helps you easily locate the information you need.
- More than 160 full-color illustrations clearly demonstrate important anatomy and physiology concepts, examination steps, and normal and abnormal findings.
- Age-specific developmental competencies highlight important considerations for pediatric, pregnant, and aging patients.
- Cultural competency icons alert you to relevant cultural distinctions you may encounter in the clinical setting.
- Abnormal findings tables provide fast access to key information on many frequently encountered conditions.
- Spanish-language translation chart helps you ensure accurate, effective examinations of Spanish-speaking patients.
By Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois