Pocket Companion for Physical Examination and Health Assessment - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Ideal for quick reference in the clinical setting, this portable companion to Carolyn Jarvis' Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 6th Edition summarizes essential assessment skills and techniques for the most effective physical examinations. Access full-color pathology photos and illustrations, health history, examination steps for each body system, normal versus abnormal findings, lifespan and cross-cultural considerations, related nursing diagnoses, and summary checklists anytime you need them with this convenient clinical tool.
New to This Edition
- Bedside Assessment of the Hospitalized Patient chapter outlines the pertinent assessment steps specific to this patient population.
- New abnormal findings photos help you recognize and distinguish between abnormal conditions.
- Additional new full-color examination technique photos clarify exam steps for eyes, nose, mouth, throat, thorax, heart, neck, peripheral vascular, and pediatric exams.
- Updated evidence-based practice guidelines throughout the guide reflect the most current research and assessment practices.
- Convenient, color-coded design helps you easily locate the information you need.
- More than 160 full-color illustrations clearly demonstrate important anatomy and physiology concepts, examination steps, and normal and abnormal findings.
- Age-specific developmental competencies highlight important considerations for pediatric, pregnant, and aging patients.
- Cultural competency icons alert you to relevant cultural distinctions you may encounter in the clinical setting.
- Abnormal findings tables provide fast access to key information on many frequently encountered conditions.
- Spanish-language translation chart helps you ensure accurate, effective examinations of Spanish-speaking patients.
By Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois