Equine Ophthalmology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
With contributions from 18 of the world's leading equine experts, Equine Ophthalmology provides the comprehensive and authoritative coverage you need to diagnose, manage, and operate on ocular disorders in horses. Detailed illustrations facilitate the accurate identification of a wide range of ocular diseases, while up-to-date and easily accessible clinical information helps you decide on the best course of treatment.
New to This Edition
- Greater clinical detail concerning treatment, diagnosis, and procedures offers practical information for the general equine practitioner and an up-to-date resource for specialists.
- Expert coverage of recent and far-reaching advances in equine ophthalmology includes an expanded section on genetics.
- A NEW chapter on Ophthalmologic Treatment in the Field, written by expert Ann Dwyer, offers an essential overview of ocular problems that require immediate attention.
- NEW "how to" sections provide succinct directions on specific procedures for readers who are not well versed in surgery.
- A detailed chapter outline starts each chapter and provides a quick overview of the chapter contents.
- As the only comprehensive textbook on equine ophthalmology, this reference provides the information you need to treat and manage equine ocular disease.
- Seventeen expert contributors share their extensive insight while providing the most authoritative and current information available.
- An extensive collection of high-quality images helps you to identify and treat painful ocular diseases in horses.
- Coverage of the financial impact of ocular disease on the equine industry provides a larger perspective on the importance of effective treatment.
By Brian Gilger, DVM, MS, Dipl ACVO, Professor of Ophthalmology, Department of Clinical Sciences, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC and Brian Gilger, DVM, MS, Dipl ACVO, Professor of Ophthalmology, Department of Clinical Sciences, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC