Understanding Nursing Research - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$57.17|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Learn how to evaluate and apply research with the #1 nursing research book! Understanding Nursing Research: Building an Evidence-Based Practice is known for its authoritative content, a time-tested step-by-step approach, and abundant use of research examples. With improved clarity and readability, the new edition strengthens its focus on evidence-based practice to better demonstrate how the steps of the research process relate to evidence-based nursing. Written by two of the leaders in the field of nursing research, Nancy Burns and Susan K. Grove, this full-color text offers unique insights into understanding, appraising, and applying published research to evidence-based practice.
New to This Edition
- An expanded emphasis on evidence-based practice helps you develop skills in studying and appraising published research, so you are prepared for your role in working with research evidence.
- Enhanced coverage of qualitative research allows prepares you to approach research questions and clinical questions with an unbiased view of the researcher's methodology.
- Two different appraisal processes are included:
- A traditional in-depth critical appraisal process prepares you for graduate-level work in research.
- A concise, practice-focused research appraisal process equips you for quick and accurate evaluation of the applicability of research findings to clinical practice.
- Updated research examples prepare you for evidence-based practice by using the physiologic conditions and hospitalized patients seen in clinicals.
- Authoritative content is written by two of the true pioneers in nursing research, who offer unique, first-hand insights into the field.
- Research examples provide practice in working with published studies, with many of the examples including Critical Appraisal and Implications for Practice sections.
- A clear, step-by-step organization introduces the research process and demonstrates how this systematic framework relates to evidence-based practice.
By Susan K. Grove, PhD, RN, ANP-BC, GNP-BC, Professor, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Adult Nurse Practitioner, Family Practice, Grand Prairie, Texas; Jennifer R. Gray, RN, PhD, George W. and Hazel M. Jay Professor, College of Nursing; Associate Dean and Chair, Department of MSN Administration, Education, and PhD Programs, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas and Nancy Burns, PhD, RN, FCN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Faith Community Nurse, St. Matthew Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Burleson, Texas