Medical Language Instant Translator - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$28.95|
New to This Edition
- Adds a new section on eponyms -words based on or derived from a person's name.
- Adds a new section on Major Diagnostic Categories & Diagnosis-Related Groups (DRG).
- Includes updates corresponding to those in the Language of Medicine, 9th Edition, by Davi-Ellen Chabner.
- Get quick, portable access to key medical terms and other need-to-know information.
- Decipher complicated medical terms by recognizing and finding the meanings of individual word parts.
- Distinguish between commonly misunderstood medical terms (e.g., ureter vs. urethra, or para vs. peri).
- Become familiar with common diagnostic tests and procedures and why they are ordered.
- Access information on medical abbreviations, symbols, acronyms, and professional designations.
- Understand the basics of surgical instruments, terminology, and technology.
- Identify the top 100 prescription drugs and their uses.
- Quickly access the top 100 diagnoses and associated procedures.
- Find the definitions of complementary and alternative medicine terms.
- Recognize specialized terms used in medical records.
- Review body systems anatomy with full-color illustrations.