Medical Language Instant Translator - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$28.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Communicate more effectively when you use this pocket reference to medical terms and other useful information! Davi-Ellen Chabner's Medical Language Instant Translator, 4th Edition provides the tools you need to understand medical terminology. You can also access key information on common diagnostic tests and procedures, the top 100 prescription drugs, medical abbreviations, symbols, and acronyms - and much more. Based on Chabner's The Language of Medicine, this practical resource is ideal for any health care environment!
New to This Edition
- Adds a new section on eponyms -words based on or derived from a person's name.
- Adds a new section on Major Diagnostic Categories & Diagnosis-Related Groups (DRG).
- Includes updates corresponding to those in the Language of Medicine, 9th Edition, by Davi-Ellen Chabner.
- Get quick, portable access to key medical terms and other need-to-know information.
- Decipher complicated medical terms by recognizing and finding the meanings of individual word parts.
- Distinguish between commonly misunderstood medical terms (e.g., ureter vs. urethra, or para vs. peri).
- Become familiar with common diagnostic tests and procedures and why they are ordered.
- Access information on medical abbreviations, symbols, acronyms, and professional designations.
- Understand the basics of surgical instruments, terminology, and technology.
- Identify the top 100 prescription drugs and their uses.
- Quickly access the top 100 diagnoses and associated procedures.
- Find the definitions of complementary and alternative medicine terms.
- Recognize specialized terms used in medical records.
- Review body systems anatomy with full-color illustrations.