Ulrich & Canale's Nursing Care Planning Guides - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$61.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Practical and comprehensive, this essential resource helps you plan individualized care for clients in a variety of settings, including acute care, extended care, and home care environments. It features 33 detailed nursing diagnosis care plans and 65 disease/disorder care plans that are keyed to specific expected outcomes and interventions. This book also includes the popular Online Care Planner that allows you to edit and print standardized nursing diagnosis care plans.
New to This Edition
- A new care plan format focuses on prioritized nursing interventions, interventions that can be delegated, and documentation criteria, as well as differentiating between independent and collaborative nursing actions.
- Features 8 new nursing diagnosis care plans on topics such as comfort, confusion, contamination, decision-making, falls/injury, unstable glucose level, risk-prone health behavior, and self-care.
- Includes 9 new disease/disorder care plans for Abdominal Trauma, Alzheimer's Disease, Asthma, Enteral Nutrition, Intravenous Conscious Sedation, Internal Radiation Therapy (Brachytherapy), Mechanical Ventilation, Parkinson's Disease, and Total Parenteral Nutrition.
- Evidence-based practice content presents the latest research findings and standards of care.
- Updated NANDA nursing diagnoses, NIC interventions, and NOC outcomes reflect the latest nursing taxonomies.
- An open, user-friendly design makes it easy to quickly locate essential information.
- The companion Evolve website features 71 new narrated 3D pathophysiology animations that correspond to disorders content in the text.
- Offers the most in-depth care plans of any planning book, fostering critical thinking and promoting effective clinical decision-making.
- 33 separate nursing diagnosis care plans provide detailed interventions with rationales and documentation guidelines for the most common nursing diagnoses.
- 65 comprehensive care plans serve as a complete reference for the most common disorders in acute care, extended care, and home care settings.
- Body system organization makes content easy to locate.
- Nursing/collaborative diagnoses are linked to actions and rationales.
- Specific points for discharge teaching serve as guidelines for planning client education.
- A complete discussion of caring for older adult clients and changes that occur with aging helps you understand the unique considerations of caring for this population group.
By Nancy Haugen, RN, MN, PhD, Associate Professor and ABSN Program Chair, School of Nursing, Samuel Merritt University, Oakland, CA, USA and Sandra J. Galura, MSN, RN, CCRN, CPAN, Clinical Nurse Educator, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL, USA