Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Concise and easy-to-use, Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs, 3rd Edition helps you find the specific drug facts you need to treat small and large animals, right when you need them! 550 drugs are organized alphabetically and cross-referenced by functional classification, trade, and generic names so you can access dosage recommendations, contraindications, side effects, possible adverse reactions, drug interactions, and more without the need to sort through a lengthy text. Plus, a companion website provides more than 150 clear, customizable handouts to help you easily communicate important drug information to your clients.
New to This Edition
- Comprehensive drug updates incorporate the most current indications, dosage information, instructions for use and storage, precautions, patient monitoring, available formulations, and regulatory information.
- New monographs familiarize you with 35 new drugs available for veterinary practice, including:
- Cefovecin (Convenia)
- Maropitant (Cerenia)
- Trilostane (Vetoryl)
- Dexmedetomidine (Dexdomitor)
- Dirlotapide (Slentrol)
- Companion PapichDrugFormulary.com website includes more than 150 client information handouts for the most commonly prescribed drugs.
- All drug monographs are conveniently organized and cross-referenced to give you fast, easy access to key information for each drug, including:
- Generic and trade names, pronunciation, and functional classification
- Pharmacology and mechanism of action
- Indications and clinical uses
- Precautionary information -- adverse reactions and side effects, contraindications and precautions, and drug interactions -- presented in colored boxes for quick reference
- Instructions for use
- Patient monitoring and laboratory tests
- Formulations available
- Stability and storage
- Dosage information
- Regulatory information
- Updated drug list details up-to-date dosages, updated and new indications, and withdrawal times for food animals.
- Clinically relevant appendices help you determine appropriate therapeutic regimens and reference safety and legal considerations.
By Mark G. Papich, DVM, MS, DACVCP, Professor of Clinical Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC;