Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
New to This Edition
- Comprehensive drug updates incorporate the most current indications, dosage information, instructions for use and storage, precautions, patient monitoring, available formulations, and regulatory information.
- New monographs familiarize you with 35 new drugs available for veterinary practice, including:
- Cefovecin (Convenia)
- Maropitant (Cerenia)
- Trilostane (Vetoryl)
- Dexmedetomidine (Dexdomitor)
- Dirlotapide (Slentrol)
- Companion PapichDrugFormulary.com website includes more than 150 client information handouts for the most commonly prescribed drugs.
- All drug monographs are conveniently organized and cross-referenced to give you fast, easy access to key information for each drug, including:
- Generic and trade names, pronunciation, and functional classification
- Pharmacology and mechanism of action
- Indications and clinical uses
- Precautionary information -- adverse reactions and side effects, contraindications and precautions, and drug interactions -- presented in colored boxes for quick reference
- Instructions for use
- Patient monitoring and laboratory tests
- Formulations available
- Stability and storage
- Dosage information
- Regulatory information
- Updated drug list details up-to-date dosages, updated and new indications, and withdrawal times for food animals.
- Clinically relevant appendices help you determine appropriate therapeutic regimens and reference safety and legal considerations.
By Mark G. Papich, DVM, MS, DACVCP, Professor of Clinical Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC;